Working Student / Intern as Industrial Designer
Never heard of us? – Whenever you enjoy a freshly drafted beer at your favorite bar, it was probably served from our equipment. – Got your attention? Perfect!
Micro Matic is a Danish-based family-owned company with more than 1,000 employees worldwide that develops and manufactures high-quality products and system solutions for serving beverages. We are the global market leader in draft beer dispensing equipment. Our company is based on developing new and innovative products, in high quality, to some of the largest beverage producers and outlets, all around the globe. Micro Matic has factories in 4 countries and 17 offices in 13 countries, along with a large network of distributors and agents.
For our All Beverage Platform Team, which is dedicated to finding new ways to expand the company’s business towards future beverage technologies we are currently seeking a Working Student / Intern as Iindustrial Engineer
Your Tasks and Responsibilities
- Use CAD software to develop virtual models of different product designs in the beverage industry
- Consult with stakeholders to determine requirements for designs
- Research the various ways a particular product might be used, and who will use it
- Sketch ideas and create renderings that provide a visual of your design ideas
- Create physical prototypes of your designs (e.g. by rapid prototyping)
- Examine materials and manufacturing requirements to determine production costs
- Work with other specialists, such as mechanical engineers and manufacturers, to evaluate whether your design concepts are feasible and will fill needs at a reasonable cost
- Evaluate product safety, appearance, and function to determine if a design is practical
- Present designs and demonstrate prototypes to stakeholders for approval
- Close cooperation in interdisciplinary teams, all around the globe
- Coordination on design matters with customers and suppliers
Who you are
- You are a student of Industrial Design, Product Design, or similar
- You already have good skills using solid modeling software (CAD), ideally (but not necessarily) with Autodesk Inventor
- You incorporate all aspects of product design, such as aesthetics, functionality, feasibility, cost etc. in your designs
- You are interested in consumer products and/or point of sale (POS) and would like to develop further in this field
- You have a sound technical understanding, which enables you to discuss and validate your designs with technical experts
- First experience and knowledge in Autodesk Inventor and Keyshot is an advantage
- Using Word, Excel and PowerPoint is no challenge for you
- You have a good knowledge of German and English, both written and spoken
- You work independently and team-oriented
What we offer
- Work contract on a 6-month basis (renewable), 12-20 hours per week
- Fair and competitive wage
- A culture with flat hierarchies, where you enjoy full trust and take responsibility from day one
- Flexible work hours, so you can easily combine your work at Micro Matic with your studies
- You can work from our office in Wesseling or, if desired, also partly from home
Do you want to participate in our next growth journey?
Then send your application and CV to email@example.com!
If you have any questions, please contact Christoph Feddern, Business Development Manager by phone: +49 (0) 162 2738229 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!